The 12 Steps of Beyond Controlaholism
- 1. "We admitted that we were powerless over control in our
lives -- that we could neither control or manage our own lives."
- 2. "We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves
could restore us to sanity.
- 3. "We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over
to the care of God as we Understood him."
- 4. "We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- 5. "We admitted to God,ourselves,and to another human
being the exact nature of our wrongs."
- 6. "We were entirely ready to have God remove all these
defects of character."
- 7. "We humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings."
- 8. "We made a list of all people we had harmed, and became
willing to make amends to them all."
- 9. "We made direct amends to such people wherever possible,
except when to do so would injure them or others."
- 10. "We continued to take personal inventory and when we
were wrong, we promptly admitted it."
- 11. "We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our
conscious contact with God, as we understood him,
praying only for the knowledge of His will for us and
the power to carry that out."
- 12. "Having had a spiritual awaking as the result of these
steps, we became willing to carry this message to other
controloholics,and to practice these principles in all our affairs."
/ Beyond Controloholism